DNP capstone project guidelines cover its basic description, main stages of preparation, and writing. Guidelines you may find here are also related to recommendations and questions you may consider during your work. We also have some suggestions about possible topics for your future capstone project.
What is a DNP capstone project?
If you are wondering what is a DNP capstone project, we have its overview for you.
Generally speaking, this project is designated to transform evidence received after your studies into concrete ways of practical application. Usually, it reflects the professional interests of a student. So, in the case of your DNP capstone project, it is perfect to start thinking about it in advance.
The main purpose of any DNP capstone is to communicate about the methods and tools you will apply to provide medical care and teach others in a particular community. This capstone project will illustrate how capable you are for practicing at the best level of clinical practice.
Even more, the capstone project is not related only to the results of your studies. It also helps to develop many skills necessary for your future practice, namely:
- identifying possible need and problems of the existing healthcare system and in nursing practice;
- the skill of evaluating the empirical results of your research, their translation into concrete conclusions and proposals;
- leadership skills because capstone project requires a proactive approach and communication with different people who can potentially be your patients;
- the skill of developing advanced ethical, healthcare, and legal approaches based on your evidence.
Apart from gaining these skills, you will also be able to boost your expertise.
How DNP capstone project papers should be prepared
This project can be in prepared in many forms:
- comprehensive review;
- the project with suggestions about improvements in a certain field;
- consulting project;
- project related to the assessment of a new model;
- manuscript designated for publication.
Any DNP project should be related and integrate all or at least a few of these aspects:
- should be focused on the system (macro-, meso-, and micro levels) or population;
- emphasize the possible impact and changes in the healthcare system;
- apply certain knowledge practically;
- developing a plan of sustainability (for instance, taking into account political circumstances and financial system);
- evaluate the process of implementation and its possible outcomes.
All DNP capstone project papers have to be prepared by passing these stages:
- planning your research;
- its implementation;
- evaluation of the results.
For preparing this project, students use an evidence-based method. But it is not enough to get only sufficient evidence. Critical assessment and developing sufficient conclusions are equally important. Think thoroughly about the possible practical application of the results of your research and propose solutions for achieving that. For instance, you may study certain decease that has some unknown at the moment reasons for occurring. This can be challenging and interesting at the same time.
Any evidence-based method is related to:
- elaborating your research questions based on the review of the existing problems
- comprehensive literature review to form an understanding of your topic;
- conduction researches for getting empirical knowledge (optional);
- a critical assessment of your literature by using evidence (data from official sources);
- implementation of the results of your research and analyzing its results.
Your project should have the following structure:
- its abstract;
- summary of this project;
- a brief introduction;
- description of the chosen problem, why it has been selected, and what is the environment where it exists;
- data along with supporting evidence;
- describing the applied creative approaches used for resolving this problem.
For making sure your project meets all objectives of your research, you need to ask yourself various questions:
- Is your project focused on systems, populations, communities, or certain individuals?
- What issues is your project related to?
- Is your paper can be implemented in clinical practice?
- Will this capstone project show your competency gained in the course of your previous doctoral studies?
- Is your capstone project backed up with sufficient and reliable evidence?
- Have you used only credible sources of literature?
- Is your paper touch in one way or another some problems that the healthcare system and patients face?
- Is your paper sufficient for the prospective nursing scholarship?
Where to get DNP capstone ideas
If you have just started to think about your capstone project and have doubts about its topic, we have picked some DNP capstone ideas for you:
- Healthy nutrition for patients with diabetes
- Improving nutrition habits for combating and preventing obesity
- The procedure of identification and documentation of pain
- Ways for improving patients flow in facilities for urgent care
- Main problems and ways of dealing with community health
- Stress decreasing strategies for improving the care
- Ways for Preventing Chronic Diseases
- Effective Methods of Health Education
- Approaches for Developing Hospital Programs
- Advanced Models of Care of HIV-Patients
- Leadership Strategies for Nursing Staff
- Ways for Improving Emergency Care
Who are the best DNP capstone project writers?
You may be very busy and focused on practice, so you can be limited in time. In such conditions, it is reasonable to look for DNP capstone project writers who can help you to complete this paper in time. It is better to look for writers who have their medical background, excellent research and writing skills, and also extensive experience of writing similar papers. We know that finding these writers can be not an easy thing, so we have selected a team of professionals for you. They can start work on your project instantly after receiving your request. Do not hesitate to place an order, such as we have special offers for those clients who make their decisions shortly. To help you promptly, our dedicated customer support agents will be glad to discuss any related matters.